Job Summary: Responsible for the lead of the Clerical Rehab Registration staff, ensuring that the day-to-day operations of the department are carried out in an effective and efficient manner consistent with Oaklawn’s policy and procedures.
- Consistently performs using an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Leads the day-to-day operations of all the Outpatient Rehab Clerical staff to include Scheduling, Pre-Registration, Insurance Verification and Pre-Authorization process to ensure that the most effective, efficient and timely processing methods are used consistent with policy and procedure.
- Ensures scheduled appointments are accurate and meet the approved department guidelines.
- Assists staff in developing and achieving annual goals that are consistent with the overall goals of the organization.
- Identifies problems and keeps Manager up to date regarding.
- Assists in the ongoing maintenance and integrity of Cerner’s PM Office solution.
- Ensures a successful point of service collections process in all rehab registration areas, meeting goals and maximizing collections.
- Educates all staff that is involved in performing the rehab registration functions within the department. This includes training and communication of all registration changes/issues.
- Evaluates registration accuracy and reporting any problems/issues to the appropriate staff member.
- Evaluates current policies to continually improve operations and maintain compliance with DNV and other regulatory entities. Ensures that all established policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Assist Patient Financial Services in claims denial management.
- Bi-weekly Timekeeping process for Clerical Rehab staff.
- Assists in accurate and efficient clinical staff schedule management in all Outpatient Rehab departments to maximize patient appointment availability and make the necessary adjustments for patient volumes.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma. One (1) year of rehabilitation registrar experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of clinical and medical terminology, ICD and CPT coding, computer experience, and computer skills. Possess excellent verbal communication, organizational, critical thinking, and essential people skills, including leadership, teamwork, and conflict-resolution abilities. Able to work effectively with other departments within the organization. Previous supervisor and/or manager experience preferred.
Working Conditions: Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment.
Physical Requirements: Constantly sit, see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear. Occasionally lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs.