Job Summary: Observes patient in room with an unobstructed view of the patient.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Refers patient requests to nursing staff using the call light.
- Sits with patient during clinical tests or procedures.
- Observes ambulatory patients at all times; to bathroom and other areas that are allowed.
- Straightens bed linens assists with changing linens as needed.
- Assists with meal trays set up.
- Assists with stocking servers for patient rooms when no patient assignment.
- Documents observations.
- Assists with updating out of date logs when no patient assignment is in place.
Minimum Qualifications: High school graduate or GED.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Ability to distinguish sounds and stay awake. Ability to write and speak clearly, concentrate for protracted periods and work with diverse patient and staff populations with sensitivity to cultural and spiritual influences impacting patient care.
Working Conditions: Work in an unpredictable environment encountering stressful situations and exposure to body fluids and infectious diseases. May experience traumatic situations including deceased patients.
Physical Requirements: Constantly see/visual acuity, talk/hear. Constantly sit, reach, push/pull, handle/grasp/feel, bend/twist, stoop/kneel/crouch, lift/carry 1 to 50+ lbs.